Playing with my boys

Playing with my boys
They keep life interesting :-)

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Crockpot Freak

I'm kind of a crockpot freak.  I LOVE cooking in the crockpot.  I just seems to make life so much easier!  There are a handful of recipes I make on a regular basis and I'm going to share 2 of them with you right now.  If you need something easy, but totally flavorful and delicious, these fit the bill.

Salsa Chicken
I love this recipe because not only is it so tasty, but the ingredients are things I generally have in my fridge and pantry regularly anyhow, so I don't often have to plan for this meal.


Ingredients
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar salsa (you can choose your desired level of heat)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 container sour cream

Directions
Put the salsa, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup and sour cream all in the crockpot and stir it all together.  Add the chicken and make sure they are completely covered by the mixture.  Cover and cook for 5 hours on low.  Remove the chicken and shred it using 2 forks.  Place shredded chicken back in pot and mix with the sauce.  I generally let it cook another 30 minutes or so just to absorb as much sauce as possible, but your chicken is fully cooked so you can eat it now if you want too! 

I have served this as an appetizer with tostitos, as shown in the photo (from Pinterest), or over white rice, or in flour tortillas as burritos.  This dish is SO versatile!


Pesto Ranch Chicken
It sounds like such a strange combination, but it WORKS!

Ingredients
1 dry packet of Ranch salad dressing mix
1 jar of basil pesto (I prefer the Classico brand over any others I've tried)
1 cup of chicken stock
8 skinless chicken thighs (I have also used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and shredded it at the end - my 3 year old loves it that way the best)

Directions
Add chicken to crockpot.  Cover chicken with the jar of pesto.  Sprinkle the packet of Ranch dressing mix over the pesto covered chicken.  Pour the chicken stock over chicken, cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours (depending how much chicken you use).

I serve this over pasta and LOVE it!  I'll have to remember to take a picture next time I make it.

If you try either of these recipes, let me know how you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment