Playing with my boys

Playing with my boys
They keep life interesting :-)

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Perfection!

So, I found this recipe on Pinterest for a "skinny" peanut butter pie.  It looked pretty good, but it called for ingredients I didn't have in my house (like reduced fat cream cheese), and ingredients I didn't WANT in my house (like fake peanut butter...what IS that anyhow?!?).  So, I made this...



...in all its full fat glory (with additions like, oh, I don't know...peanut butter cups!) and it was PERFECTION!

Here is my ingredient list:
5 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup of Confectioner's Sugar (I'll admit, my 1/2 cup was heaping)
1/2 cup of peanut butter (again, this 1/2 cup was a little over...and for the record, I used Skippy Creamy)
8 oz tub of whipped topping (from the freezer section at the grocery store, thawed - and I did actually use the "light" kind)
1 chocolate ready-to-eat pie crust
1 king size package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (4 cups), chopped
1/2 Hershey's milk chocolate bar, grated

Directions:
Beat cream cheese and confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl until blended.
Mix in peanut butter and beat until smooth blended.
Fold in whipped topping.
Spoon filling into pie crust.
Sprinkle shaved Hershey's chocolate over top of pie, and sprinkle the chopped bits of peanut butter cups on top of that.
Cover and chill pie for at 2-3 hours before serving.

If you try it, let me know how you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment